Community Forum

Touch Screen Controller

New Poster

Touch Screen Controller

Need instruction to replace battery on touch screen controller also what type battery needed for replacement?

Official Employee

Re: Touch Screen Controller

Have a tech out, changing the battery in the touchscreen isn’t your responsibility.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Please tell me how to replace the battery in the touch screen controller. I am very frustrated. I would like to speak with a real person.

Official Employee

Depending on the touchscreen there’s possibly 1-3 screws to remove. Unplug the touchscreen, remove the screws, pull the battery. But as posted above, if it’s dead or giving errors it’s not your responsibility and a tech should come out

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Try this:

unplug touch screen

find the battery which is on the back, under a cover that you might need a screw driver to remove

remove the battery and count to 20

replace the battery, replace the cover and re connect to electricity.

I worked for me, but I'm still having issues with the darn thing