Community Forum

Tampered message on Motion sensor

Frequent Visitor

Tampered message on Motion sensor

I replaced the battery in my motion sensor as it kept complaining about low battery. Now it won't stop complaining about being tampered with (well you asked me to replace your battery!). I tried rebooting the panel and the message still won't go away. I have tried reseating battery etc with no luck. Is this another $$ call to Comcast for a faulty piece of equipment?

Woke up this morning and now it also says communication failure. Has to be a way for the customer to fix this.

Thanks,

Chris
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Tampered message on Motion sensor

@admiralct wrote:
I replaced the battery in my motion sensor as it kept complaining about low battery. Now it won't stop complaining about being tampered with (well you asked me to replace your battery!). I tried rebooting the panel and the message still won't go away. I have tried reseating battery etc with no luck. Is this another $$ call to Comcast for a faulty piece of equipment?

Woke up this morning and now it also says communication failure. Has to be a way for the customer to fix this.

Thanks,

Chris

Try calling XHome Services 1-877-298-0874

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Try taking the cover off and placing it back on. Make sure it's seated properly and if there is a screw, that it's tight.

There is a tamper switch inside the sensor that the cover needs to connect with to clear the error.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

That didn't help. Now it says communication error. This same thing happened the last time I had to replace the battery and it ended up being a service call. I see no way to sync the sensor with the touchpad. Why not make the stupid thing blue tooth??
Official Employee

Gotcha. Bluetooth doesn't have the same range and reliability as Zigbee.

You don't have to re-pair the sensor unless you accidentally defaulted the sensor.

Is the sensor's LED lighting up? You can try removing the battery and re-insering and then closing it back up to see if that resolves it - if not, give us a call and we'll get you all fixed up!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!