Community Forum

System disarmed by Keypad when noone home.

Frequent Visitor

System disarmed by Keypad when noone home.

A strange thing happened over Christmas.  My family and I left to go to relatives house on Christmas Eve with plans to spend the night out of town.  So as we left the house, I put the system in armed away status via the keypad near our front door.  I checked it once we were on the road using the app on my phone to make sure it had armed properly and the app reported it was in armed away status.  Didn't think about it again till the next morning, Christmas day.  Just for the heck of it I pulled it up to check the camera and show a brother in law how I could turn the lamp on with my WeMo app on my phone.  But when I brought up the camera, the app said the system was disarmed.  WTH!?  No one was supposed to be home.  So I pulled up the event log and it showed me arming the system 12/24 around 5:30PM and immediately registered the front door closing.  Then around 6 AM the next event registered was "Security System-Disarmed with Touchscreen".  There was no doors or windows opened, just disarmed with touchscreen.  My first thought was that maybe the new update to the touchscreen operating system that I'd heard about had been pushed out and the touchscreen had just rebooted and failed to go back into armed status.  But when I got home the software is the same. I used the app to put it back into armed away status and it stayed that way till we got home that night, but it was Kind of creepy.  Nothing was taken or disturbed, there was no evidence of someone entering anywhere.  I joked with my wife that maybe it was Santa.  But I'd be curious to know if anyone else has seen something similar occur and did you ever figure out how it happened.  And just to answer the anticipated questions, I do not have 24 hour video backup nor do I have a motion detector in that room.  

Regular Visitor

Re: System disarmed by Keypad when noone home.

I have the same problem. I do not have any rule that says to dis arm every morning.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: System disarmed by Keypad when noone home.

Year-old thread closed.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.