Community Forum

Sold a monitor for an unworkable location

New Poster

Sold a monitor for an unworkable location

Sold the wrong product.  We got a call that our pantry (outside attached to the house) was insecure at 1:30 am, while on vacation.  There was no breakin.  When we had a service technician come to resolve the problem, he said the motion detector was too far from the trainsceiver and had a weak signal.  We moved the unit to the interior of the house, which is already protected by door monitors.  We are upset that we were sold a unit that would not work in the initial application.  

Official Employee

Re: Sold a monitor for an unworkable location

Ruthejamison -

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.  In some cases, relocating the Touchscreen Controller inside the home to be closer to the sensor that is experiencing low signal can resolve the issue.  A technician can help to relcate the touchscreen and run diagnostics to check signal levels to all of the sensors after moving it.  I would not suggest moving it on your own, as it could potentially introduce new signal issues to other sensors.

In some markets, a Siren Repeater device can be purchased from us to increase the maximum distance between the Touchscreen and a device like a Motion Sensor or Door/Window Sensor.  You would place the Siren Repeater between the Touchscreen Controller and the device that needs a better signal.  The supported model is the SMC Siren Repeater SMCSR01-Z.  Note that even if purchased thorugh a 3rd Party, you would need to have an Xfinity Technician to your home to complete the pairing and installation process.  If this sounds like an option for you, give us a call and we'll be glad to help!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!