Community Forum

Siren repeater

New Poster

Siren repeater

I know this has been asked before but thought there may have been some change in the status.  Is there an alarm repeater available or aftermarket unit that is compatible?  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Siren repeater

Try calling XHome Services 1-877-298-0874?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Robert, you do a good job of providing the phone number.  Has anyone looking at this used a supplemental repeater and if so, what was the make/model and please share your experience.  

Silver Problem Solver

I can't find any repeater on the XHome website.

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/home-security/devices

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

kenevel -

There is one model of Siren Repeater that is supported - it's the SMCSR01-Z.

In most areas we do offer these, but genreally only add them to a system unless absolutely needed. A technician may make the decision to install one to boost the signal strength in larger homes if there is a good bit of distance between the Touchscreen and one or more security sensors.   However, most communication issues can be resolved by repositioning equipment.

There are definitely some benefits though to having a Siren Repeater beyond just being an extra siren and boosting signal strength.  It has a strobe light that will flash if the alarm is activated (helpful for the hearing impaired), and an LED that indicates arming status of the system (red=armed, amber=not ready for arming, green=ready for arming.)  It also has a backup battery so communication between the Touchscreen and secruity sensors remains strong in the case of a power outage.

The Siren Repeater cannot be self-installed. If you already have one of these devices, you can give us a call to have a technician come out to properly pair it with your system.  The technician will make sure that the pairing process completes correctly, and that signal strength is positively affected by the introduction of the repater.  If you don't have one, you can give us a ring to inquire about purchasing and having a tech bring one out to you.  Note that there may be some markets where repeaters are not currently being sold (which is one reason we don't actively promote the device on our website).

Hope that helps!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

I have had the Xfinity siren repeater for several years now.  I consider it a required item if you have anything larger than a small apartment.  The touchscreen siren is of no help across a large house or with multiple floors.  The repeater is not a bad idea also.  But then I also have several of the original Xfinity light controllers that included repeaters, so my signal is good everywhere (the newer light controllers do not have a repeater).  The LED light is also good for a quick glance of your system status.  I installed a dedicated outlet about 6 feet up on the wall at the top of a staircase.  Visible and loud in that location.  I think the cost was $99 from Xfinity when I bought mine.  Hope that reply helps!

Regular Contributor

Oooops, now I get the point of the question.  I sang the praises of the xfinity siren repeater only to later look and see that xfinity no longer offers this.  Now I get the question, what works.

The xfinity one they installed several years ago was the SMCSR01Z1 I believe.  You can find them on ebay.

Most odd that xfinity would stop offering such a helpful device.  It really is needed in a larger home install.

New Poster

Can anybody with experience using the SMCSR01-Z siren repeater let me know if it can be configured to chime when a door open (while system is disarmed), or if it only when the system fully alarms?

Regular Contributor

@Anon135426 wrote:

Can anybody with experience using the SMCSR01-Z siren repeater let me know if it can be configured to chime when a door open (while system is disarmed), or if it only when the system fully alarms?

No you cannot.  The siren is for the armed intrusion alarm only.

New Poster

The repeater siren is a secondary mesh point for the Zigbee network the sensors communicate through. Unfortunately Comcast no longer supplies that item. The are considered a “home device” in the settings of your touchscreen and can be self installed fairly easily if you can locate one second-hand.