Community Forum

Silently Arming/Disarming

New Poster

Silently Arming/Disarming

Hello - I am trying to decide if Xfinity Home will fit my use case. My current alarm system allows me to silence any chime/beep confirming that the alarm has been armed/disarmed. This comes in handy when I need to leave early in the morning (disarm) and return late at night (arm) without waking up the family.  I have searched these forums and from what I can tell if I arm/disarm from the keypad I won't be able to do this. But, if I arm/disarm from the iPhone app does the system still make a chime/beep?

Thanks in advance.

New Poster

Re: Silently Arming/Disarming

Hello,

From my experiene, the system supports these features:

• Allows you to silence alarms so they don't beep every time you open and close a door 
  • Supports a "Stay" mode that you can alarm somewhat silently.  There is one beep when starting to arm "Stay" mode, and another beep 2 minutes later when it alarms.  This is relatively quite - doesn't wake anyone up or bug our dog.  "Stay" mode arms the house based on the Door sensors and does not consider the Motion sensors.  

The system DOES NOT appear to offer ability to customize these use cases:

• For "Away" mode (which uses the Motino sensor, in contrast to Stay mode), the system beeps once per second during the entire 2 minute arming period.  This is quite annoying for any humans/pets in the house while the system is arming.  Definitely would like Comcast to roll out ability to customize this.