Community Forum

Security System

New Poster

Security System

I bought a home in Nov. 2017 and had Xfinity Internet and TV, Phone installed but not security because the wanted me to have the monitoring.  Home has Xfinity security motion and window sensors and keypad already in the home. I know the previous owner had xfinity security and i saw the router in the home before i bought it but it is not here now but everything else is here. My question is I have the equiptment already in the house and would like to have it working but i dont want the monitoring. I own it just would like to use it if i chose to. I have read that there is a router that talks to the sensors. What is it and how does it work. Is there a way for me to just buy there router either from them or someone else and what would that be, make the security system work when i want it to with no monitoring.

Official Employee

Re: Security System

Sorry, that’s not the way it works. You would need a touchscreen installed and it’s still monitored, kind of the point of having a security system. The router is installed depending on your personal internet service, can’t be bought.You will also need new sensor batteries, the batteries present will probably be dead.But it only monitored when it’s armed.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!