Community Forum

Security Camera Questions/Sound, terrible router

Contributor

Security Camera Questions/Sound, terrible router

Hello,

I would like to know if there are any Xfinity Camera that support sound.   I currently have 5 cameras and 2 are on 24/7 recording and would like to have sound on those. 

2nd question: The router provided by Xfinity is sinply a piece of garbage.  The distance is terrible....  Out of my 5 cameras, the only one that works the way it should os the one directly connected.  the others, various distance from the router, are choppy at best and often dont even come up at all.  Are there any new routers provided by xfinity?   I have my own rohter for interent because the gateways do not work as well.  Any info would be appreciated.

Official Employee

Re: Security Camera Questions/Sound, terrible router

Hi kgowen4444, please click on this link for more information on security camera that have sound. Feel free to reach back out to me if you have any further questions. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I need to know are security camera are coming with sound so you can be able to hear what is going on what is use having a camera when you can not hear sound
Valued Contributor

There are no cameras with sound that are compatable with Xfinity Home.  You can purchase external IP cameras but they will have to be viewed using other software.  I have the new Xfinity router (one that does gig speed) and have no trouble accessing my cameras.  I have six which is the max and have them all over the house.

Silver Problem Solver

@spacecadet57 wrote:

There are no cameras with sound that are compatable with Xfinity Home.  You can purchase external IP cameras but they will have to be viewed using other software.  I have the new Xfinity router (one that does gig speed) and have no trouble accessing my cameras.  I have six which is the max and have them all over the house.

Would you mind sharing the make and model of your cameras?  I would be interested in purchasing them.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

@Patricagibson11

@spacecadet57 is correct. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!