Community Forum

Return Home Security Equipment.

New Poster

Return Home Security Equipment.

I had Xfinity Home installed on 12/12/2018. Due to various issues with property damage (that no one has followed up with me on as of yet) issues with the initial camera installations and the security service causing problems with the internet, I called on 12/21/2018 and asked to cancel the service. After several - and I mean several transfers and "accidental" disconnects, I finally got someone who was at least attempting to help. However, he told me I needed to return the equipment. After some back and forth because most of this equipment is installed out of my reach - such as the outdoor camera installed at 2nd floor level - and I do not want to damage the equipment or my property for what I can reach, I asked that they have someone come out and uninstall this equipment. He obliged. Fast forward to today where the young lady who showed up said they do not "uninstall" and the equipment is mine. I explained to her that the equipment was being financed over 6 months so I do not own it. She stated that did not matter, it was mine and did not need to be returned. She took the touchscreen and a router and told me there was nothing else for to do. The young lady who came out today stated that they do not "uninstall" equipment. Okay...so what do I do? At this point, I almost do not care. However I do not want to end up being charged later for these items. And with all the issues I've had (did I mention the property damage upon initial install???) I do not want Xfinity coming around later stating I owe them for something. I need someone to assist me here. There are 2 outdoor cameras, 3 motion detectors, and 4 door sensors to be uninstalled. I'm not sure why Xfinity would install these items in places that are next to impossible to get to for an everyday person and then state that I need to return it (i.e. get it down myself) or depending on who you ask - NOT return it, but I really need some assistance on this.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Return Home Security Equipment.

@mimi470 wrote:
I had Xfinity Home installed on 12/12/2018. Due to various issues with property damage (that no one has followed up with me on as of yet) issues with the initial camera installations and the security service causing problems with the internet, I called on 12/21/2018 and asked to cancel the service. After several - and I mean several transfers and "accidental" disconnects, I finally got someone who was at least attempting to help. However, he told me I needed to return the equipment. After some back and forth because most of this equipment is installed out of my reach - such as the outdoor camera installed at 2nd floor level - and I do not want to damage the equipment or my property for what I can reach, I asked that they have someone come out and uninstall this equipment. He obliged. Fast forward to today where the young lady who showed up said they do not "uninstall" and the equipment is mine. I explained to her that the equipment was being financed over 6 months so I do not own it. She stated that did not matter, it was mine and did not need to be returned. She took the touchscreen and a router and told me there was nothing else for to do. The young lady who came out today stated that they do not "uninstall" equipment. Okay...so what do I do? At this point, I almost do not care. However I do not want to end up being charged later for these items. And with all the issues I've had (did I mention the property damage upon initial install???) I do not want Xfinity coming around later stating I owe them for something. I need someone to assist me here. There are 2 outdoor cameras, 3 motion detectors, and 4 door sensors to be uninstalled. I'm not sure why Xfinity would install these items in places that are next to impossible to get to for an everyday person and then state that I need to return it (i.e. get it down myself) or depending on who you ask - NOT return it, but I really need some assistance on this.

Did you call them?'

Try calling XHome Services 1-877-298-0874

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Several times
Valued Contributor

Usually the only equipment that you should have to return are the router and touchscreen.  The others are not asked to be returned.

Official Employee

Hi, mimi470. Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. When you're within your 30 day mark, we do request all of the equipment back for our Home Security service. Was the young lady you're referring to that came out a technician of ours?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!