Community Forum

Replacing Modem and router with Xfinity home security.

New Poster

Replacing Modem and router with Xfinity home security.

Hello Aaron here jumping on this as I'm looking to switch from the rental Dual band WiFi router with battery back up to save the fees.  
The new replacement items I have are the Arris Surfboard SB6190 Modem and picked up the Netgear Orbi AC3000 for the router. These will be pluged into a Cyber Power 1500VA with nothing else plugged into the battery back up side, so should have sufficiant battery back up time.  
My question is on the Xfinity Home alarm system. Will this operate normally or will everything need to reprogrammed? If so how just connect to the new WiFi?

We have TV, Internet, and Security system( sensors only no cameras)
NO Phone we were told phone would be an issue getting rid of the Rental modem.  

Official Employee

Re: Replacing Modem and router with Xfinity home security.

You'll need a tech out to install a netgear security router.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Is this something that can be purchased prior to said installation, there isn't anything listed on the website for compatibility.

Official Employee

No, it's tech install only.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

Hi Blartessa! ComcastAndrew was correct. You will need a tech out to have the system paired with your owned modem. If this is something you would like to get scheduled, please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me.

In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services. 

Regular Visitor

I would like to have this done by technician. How would I arrange?  Have Netgear C6900 modem/router replacing XFINITY gateway. 

Silver Problem Solver

Gloo888 wrote:

I would like to have this done by technician. How would I arrange?  Have Netgear C6900 modem/router replacing XFINITY gateway. 

Call Xhome service 1-877-298-0874

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Gloo888,

I've received and replied to your private message. Whenever you have a monet, please take a look and we can continue to engage there.