Community Forum

Paring a motion sensor after trouble messages.

Frequent Visitor

Paring a motion sensor after trouble messages.

After changing battery in the motion sensor, I get 'tampered' and 'comm failure' messages on the display. I have reset the sensor and the panel by removing and replacing battery/repowering. How do I fix this without having a tech come out? It appears the sensor needs to be paired, but I can't find current instructions to do this. (I can't arm the system now without bypassing the sensor each time)

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Paring a motion sensor after trouble messages.

@tooeagle wrote:

After changing battery in the motion sensor, I get 'tampered' and 'comm failure' messages on the display. I have reset the sensor and the panel by removing and replacing battery/repowering. How do I fix this without having a tech come out? It appears the sensor needs to be paired, but I can't find current instructions to do this. (I can't arm the system now without bypassing the sensor each time)

Try calling XHome Services 1-877-298-0874

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, but I was looking for a fix, not a phone number. (which is why I posted in this forum)

Valued Contributor

Unfortunately if the sensor has to be paired you will probably need a tech.  Thanks to Comcasts recent decision to remove all access to sensors from the public, we can't do it any longer.  I checked online and all the information on pairing in outdated!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your input. If true, since I can't fully service this home security system on my own without help from an unwanted tech in my home, I'll yank the system out and go with something else. Unfortunate, as all I wanted to do is change a friggin' battery!