Community Forum

Night vision

New Poster

Night vision

My night vision on my front door camera isn't really showing anything. I can see lights from cars passing by, sometimes the headlights will activate the night vision but then it goes back to black. The camera in my backyard works perfect at night! I was told i would need some surrounding light in order for my camera to pick up anything at night! But the only light in my backyard is from the moonlight! I don't understand this. There are streetlights just feet away from from my front camera but yet it doesn't help. Please is there anything I can do to fix this issue? I'm about to get rid of my xfinity home security soon if I can't .
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Night vision

@Marion961 wrote:
My night vision on my front door camera isn't really showing anything. I can see lights from cars passing by, sometimes the headlights will activate the night vision but then it goes back to black. The camera in my backyard works perfect at night! I was told i would need some surrounding light in order for my camera to pick up anything at night! But the only light in my backyard is from the moonlight! I don't understand this. There are streetlights just feet away from from my front camera but yet it doesn't help. Please is there anything I can do to fix this issue? I'm about to get rid of my xfinity home security soon if I can't .

Not much help, but I had to relocate my front door camera to get a decent picture at night.  My camera still doesn't handle dark areas unless there is some bright light; I could see my Christmas lights on the ground but nothing else unless a car was passing by.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Night vision

There's likely enough ambient light from the street lights to keep your camera from flipping to night vision.  I have the same thing happen inside the living room.  if it's dark, like almost completely dark, night vision works perfectly.  If we leave the kitchen light on, there seems to be just enough light spilling in to keep the camera from realizing it's dark... if that makes sense.