Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

New Xfinity Home install using pre-owned sensors?

Frequent Visitor

New Xfinity Home install using pre-owned sensors?

Based on my current monthly bill I found out I would actually being pay less per month if I get the 2-year Quad Package which adds Xfinity Home.

Before I pull the trigger to get Xfinity Home, I have the following questions that would I would appreciate getting answers to:

• I will need a total of 19 door/window sensors.  I see that the package only comes with 3 and that new sensors are $40/ea.  Can I purchase pre-owned sensors of the same type/model that Xfinity Home uses and have the tech install those?
  • When an alarm goes off, does Comcast provide any sort of 24/7 monitoring service that notifies the Police if either I'm not home or even worse if I *am* home and in danger?
  • Does the touch panel need to be in close proximity to either the DVR, modem or coax outlet?  My DVR is in an enclosed cabinet, my modem is tucked away in a bookshelf and the coax in the master bedroom (where I would like the touch panel) is on the opposite side of our bed.  
  • If the answer to the above question is three no's but the LCD panel does require Wifi, can that Wifi signal be using my own router?  I have a Netgear Orbi system that has the main router hard wired into the new Xfinity XB6 gateway that I put into Bridge Mode so the only Wifi is comming from the Orbi. 

Thank you for your time.

Expert

Re: New Xfinity Home install using pre-owned sensors?

wrote:

Based on my current monthly bill I found out I would actually being pay less per month if I get the 2-year Quad Package which adds Xfinity Home.

Before I pull the trigger to get Xfinity Home, I have the following questions that would I would appreciate getting answers to:

• I will need a total of 19 door/window sensors.  I see that the package only comes with 3 and that new sensors are $40/ea.  Can I purchase pre-owned sensors of the same type/model that Xfinity Home uses and have the tech install those?

I have XHome and if it were me, I would call XHome Services for this question 1-877-2987-0874

• When an alarm goes off, does Comcast provide any sort of 24/7 monitoring service that notifies the Police if either I'm not home or even worse if I *am* home and in danger?

Yes.  You need to read the Home web information

• Does the touch panel need to be in close proximity to either the DVR, modem or coax outlet?  My DVR is in an enclosed cabinet, my modem is tucked away in a bookshelf and the coax in the master bedroom (where I would like the touch panel) is on the opposite side of our bed.  

My touchscreen is in the next room from my Gateway, which provides the Zigbee protocol for the touchscreen.  I don't know hwo far it can be.  You will find out when you have XHome installed.

• If the answer to the above question is three no's but the LCD panel does require Wifi, can that Wifi signal be using my own router?  I have a Netgear Orbi system that has the main router hard wired into the new Xfinity XB6 gateway that I put into Bridge Mode so the only Wifi is comming from the Orbi. 

I have an XB3 Comcast Gateway and Orbi.  XHome uses the gateway.  If yiou don't have a compatible gateway or router, XHome installation will provide a free modem at installation time.

Thank you for your time.

Official Employee

Re: New Xfinity Home install using pre-owned sensors?

Hi SiegeX, 

If you have any other questions outside of what has been answered here by @RobertWy, I'd be more than happy to discuss this with you in a private message. I can help provide more information about Xfinity Home Security, the door and window sensors, as well as what happens in the event of an alarm when using our system. I'd also like to review the package options available to you to ensure you are receiving the best pricing. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.