Community Forum

Motion sensor changed instead of reset causing $60 charge

New Poster

Motion sensor changed instead of reset causing $60 charge

My motion sensor sent a message of 'low battery' so I replaced the battery then it gave message of sensor tempering. I called 800 number to have it reset and the technician wasn’t able to do it over the phone so said they will send someone to reset the tempering message. The technician that showed up was very rude and unprofessional but it was during holiday time and I didn’t want to get him in trouble so I didn’t put in a compliant. He removed old sensor and replaced it with a new one without attempting to fix the old sensor. Now I am seeing a $60 charge which the customer service person says is valid and won’t be removed.

Anybody had similar experience?

How to submit compliant about technician who shows up at your door?

Has anybody used ADT? They have giving free 15 sensors and motion detectors with camera, should I switch companies?

Official Employee

Re: Motion sensor changed instead of reset causing $60 charge

Hello pateljating --

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the forums and I apologize for the bad experience you had. I understand how this can be frustrating from a bad experience and I would like to make this right for you. Would you mind providing me your full name on your account exactly the way it shows on your statement in a private message? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!