Community Forum

Motion detector

New Poster

Motion detector

Hello I bought motion detector form someone who had Xfinity home security.and it's asking me for the premises pass phrase.where would I get that info.
Valued Contributor

Re: Motion detector

You might have to get it from the person who you bought the device from, in case they changed it.  Have you looked at a User Manual to see if there is a default passphrase or way to reset the device to defaults?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Official Employee

Due to increased security protocols only an on-site technician has access to that information to add sensors. You’ll need to schedule a tech out to install it.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Ruiz1, welcome to the forums. 

I can help set up a technician for the pass phrase. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!