Community Forum

Live Watch to Xfinity Security Questions

Frequent Visitor

Live Watch to Xfinity Security Questions

I've been debating on make a switch because of bundled promotions that included Home Security. But I have several questions:

• My set-up currently is I have z-wave devices (lights and doorlocks) connected to my panel (IQ Panel). Will the control panel provided by Xfinity be able to controle those devices as well? 
  • The control panel (Livewatch service) is linked with Alarm.com where I can download the app to my phone (android) and control my devices. I can also create automation rules via Alarm.com. 
  • I have several door sensors and motion sensors already in place, will those be re-used or will I need to pay for new sensors? 

Thanks for any assistance on this. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Live Watch to Xfinity Security Questions

Xfinity uses Zigbee which is not compatable with your Z-wave devices.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Live Watch to Xfinity Security Questions

@regdawg1 wrote:

I've been debating on make a switch because of bundled promotions that included Home Security. But I have several questions:

• My set-up currently is I have z-wave devices (lights and doorlocks) connected to my panel (IQ Panel). Will the control panel provided by Xfinity be able to controle those devices as well? 
  • The control panel (Livewatch service) is linked with Alarm.com where I can download the app to my phone (android) and control my devices. I can also create automation rules via Alarm.com. 
  • I have several door sensors and motion sensors already in place, will those be re-used or will I need to pay for new sensors? 

Thanks for any assistance on this. 

I have found that XHome Services is great (I just got off the phone about a camera issue).

1-877-298-0874

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.