Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Linking Hue to Xfinity app on galaxy S7 phone

Regular Visitor

Linking Hue to Xfinity app on galaxy S7 phone

The newly purchased Hue app works perfectly on my cell phone for the 5 lights I have recently added.

I have tried to use my Home security  Xinity app to control these lights too  but I am only getting partial success.  In the Xfinity app I get the error message "Communication failure"  for each light; however, I can successfully use the "All on" and All off" functions, turning them all on or all off.  Re-syncing does not correct the error nor does removing and reinstalling the Xfinity app.  When I press the 3 dots for one of the noted lights, I get to a screen that shows a green check mark for each of the connected lights, apparently indicating there is connection.

All other Xfinity functions that control windows and doors work perfectly too.    I just can't control a single light with the Xfinity app.

Any suggestions?

Official Employee

Re: Linking Hue to Xfinity app on galaxy S7 phone

Hello cmwjaw, I am more than happy to look into this for you. Can you please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me"?

Official Employee

Re: Linking Hue to Xfinity app on galaxy S7 phone

cmwjaw wrote: It's a miracle!!!!  It works now!!

Actually, something must have changed after I reinstalled the Hue and xfinity apps today.  I tried reinstalling numerouse times in the past but the error remained.  We are now okay. 

This feature is really a great addition to your product. 

WE are happy customers.

I am glad that this issue has been cleared up, have a good day.