Community Forum

Existing Simplisafe Window Sensors

Regular Contributor

Existing Simplisafe Window Sensors

I just signed up to add Comcast Security to get an upgrade price for higher speed internet.  The CS rep told me that the systems comes with 3 entry sensors.  I told him I have a Simplisafe System that is several years old that I installed myself with sensors on 9 windows because they are low to the ground, smoke, CO, extreme temperature, glass and flood detectors.  I asked him if they would be compatible and he said the installer could integrate my existing system.  However the more I read the forums, the more I think that is not true.  I son't be able to use the motion detector because of pet cats. Believe me, I've tried. The prices for the Xfinity addons to the system are ridiculous! I may use my 30 day cancelation privilige if my system winds up seriously downgraded and it will cost hundreds to bring it back up to the same standard by purchasing Xfinity's sensors.  Any advice?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Existing Simplisafe Window Sensors

I have the standard setup that incorporated my old ADT security system.  There is no way to know whether you can do what you want until the installer comes and tells you what he can and cannot do.  Ask Comcast whether you can cancel the installation at no charge if the installer can't do what you want.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

It’s not compatible, it’s only possible to take over some wired systems, nothing wireless.
Frequent Visitor

This is frustrating because the sales people are saying existing wired sensors are not under any circumstances compatible and most wireless sensors are compatible they just can’t gaurantee compatiblity. They are either entirely misinformed or lying to get the sale.