Community Forum

EBAY touchscreen

New Poster

EBAY touchscreen

I cancelled my Xfinity Home services because they can't figure out why the system randomly has interference and won't work.  I don't really care about their monitoring services as they are a joke in the first place.  I have seen touchscreens on EBAY for $40 and am wondering if they can be tied in to my Wi-fi system to continue use of the alarm system and cameras....obviously not monitored and not able to access through the app or other services.

I would like to keep the system to run as an alarm in my shop and will move to a real system for my house.

Official Employee

Re: EBAY touchscreen

That idea’s not going to work, buyer beware anything on EBay is missing Comcast property.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Interesting.  There are a bunch of them on there, brand new, with the packing wrap still on them.

New Poster

Also, why wouldn't it work??  It runs off the Wi-fi I'm already paying for.....

Silver Problem Solver

@rykuh1977 wrote:

Also, why wouldn't it work??  It runs off the Wi-fi I'm already paying for.....

If someone purchases the system but never installs it, it is possible it is entered into the customer's account BEFORE installation.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

It has nothing to do with Wi-Fi, even if you could buy the touchscreen, you wouldn’t have access to anything on the touchscreen

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!