Community Forum

Door / window sensor, chime stopped working

New Poster

Door / window sensor, chime stopped working

The last day or so I noticed that opening/closing doors or windows no longer triggers the chime. The sensors are working and I see it communicating to the touchscreen pad.
They are less than a month old but I tried the batteries, rebooting the touchscreen, and yes-i checked the settings, volume is up and none of the sensors are silenced. None of the sensors set off the chime, they communicate to the system!!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Door / window sensor, chime stopped working

@Cassidydean wrote:
The last day or so I noticed that opening/closing doors or windows no longer triggers the chime. The sensors are working and I see it communicating to the touchscreen pad.
They are less than a month old but I tried the batteries, rebooting the touchscreen, and yes-i checked the settings, volume is up and none of the sensors are silenced. None of the sensors set off the chime, they communicate to the system!!

Did you use the touchpad to see if those sensors are still set for chime?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Yes I've gone through all the settings on the touchpad, the sensors arent silenced and have their designated chimes set. Volume is all the way up.
New Poster

I just did an alarm test and checked all the sensors. All is in working order but still no chime when the doors are opened/closed
Valued Contributor

Which touchscreen do you have?  The older black one or the one that is white.  If the back one make sure that the volume is turned up both on the side of the touchscreen and also through the settings.  The white one only have volume adjustment in the settings.

New Poster

It was the new white one, a technician is here now, turned out we happened to have a faulty device! Thank you to everyone who replied