Community Forum

Door/Windows sensors 'lag'

Frequent Visitor

Door/Windows sensors 'lag'

Lately I've noticed that my door/window sensors lag when opened/closed.  I've tested several when the system is disarmed and when I open and close various doors, the touchscreen will delay in getting the open/close signal.. somtimes by at least 10-15secs, and sometimes it doesn't trigger a response at all.

It's not just one door/sensor, it's been multiple.  A touchscreen reboot fixes it, but only temporarily.  My worry is that if we arm the system and a sensor is tripped, but the system doesn't see it.  The alarm won't go off.

I will say the issue did not start until Comcast came out and swapped out my controller.  Before I had the with the botton in the bottom right corner, and I had zero issues.  Comcast replaced it with the controller with the 4 buttons in the middle and thats when I've noticed it started.

Any help would be great.   Thanks!

New Poster

Re: Door/Windows sensors 'lag'

Did you get this solved? We set our alarm and the stupid thing went off cause the door opening/closing 25mins ealier finally was detected and talk about nerve-racking! I bought the pods to boost my wifi through the house, no clue if this will help the connection or not. Waiting to get them to test it out. If there has been any solution to this, please let me know.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Door/Windows sensors 'lag'

No, this was never addressed.  I still get the lag at times.  I'e grown accustomed to restarting my touchscreen ever couple of days unfortunately.

FWIW, I've had the xFi pods since July of last year.  They are great, but don't seem to help that issue.