Community Forum

Compatible Camera

New Poster

Compatible Camera

What cameras are compatable with Xfinity Home? I have one in the rear of my house and I pay $9.99/month for recording to the cloud. However, I just want a 24/7 camera to monitor inside my doorway and would like to avoid the exorbitant monthly costs and installation fees and just install it myself. 

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Compatible Camera

Does this answer your question?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/home-control/works-with-xfinity-home-faq/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

That page does not have any cameras listed.  Does anyone know if there is a list anywhere.  Tried to google it...but only got this page Smiley Sad

Silver Problem Solver

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/home-security/devices

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

The model that we currently offer is the xCam - I highly recommend this camera. I have several myself and the HD picture quality (espeically the night vision) is excellent.  https://www.xfinity.com/learn/home-security/devices/cameras

The previous HD model we offered and which is still compatible is the iCam2.  This also has great picture quality, but is a little trickier to pair with the system (you can't use the XFINTIY Home App pairing process). 

Years ago, we also offered the iCamera 1000 (indoor/outdoor) and  Sercomm RC8021 (indoor only) Standard Definition cameras. I would no longer recommend these, as the picture quality on the newer HD cameras is much better.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Valued Contributor

While the quality of the Xcam is pretty good (still wish they had sound capability) they are not very weather resistant.  I have had to have two replaced as they got water in them.  Finally rapped the last one in water proof tape and it seems to be lasting (about 6 months to date).  The worst thing about the Xcam is the mount.  You can adjust up and down somewhat (becomes loose after time), but are very limited in sideways adjustments.  The mount is poorly designed.  The Icam2 had a much better mount that could be adjusted in any direction.

New Poster

Also, I am trying to connect my xcam to my synology NAS so i can vie and record and the xcam isn't compatiable.  Need other options that are xfinity compatable. 

Silver Problem Solver

@kenc68 wrote:

Also, I am trying to connect my xcam to my synology NAS so i can vie and record and the xcam isn't compatiable.  Need other options that are xfinity compatable. 

This forum is for the Comcast XHome system.  I suspect you need to post your question in Home Network.

New Poster

Kind of, but not entirely! I needed brand names so I could choose and purchase! Therefore it left it to buy without knowing. So it drives to answer No.

New Poster

According to this website, there are no compatible partners on the camera compartment. It has lighting, thermostats, garage doors. Camera, door sensors and motion detectors you have to buy from Comcast and will be yours but a monitoring fee will be added to your contract. That’s what I understood when I visited the website.

New Poster

You don't have to keep the 24/7 monitoring. Only if you are wanting to go back and review activity or watch, record and save. It will automatically take several pics when triggered, which is all I want. 

New Poster

I know. This is irritating that they don't either offer outdoor cameras or partner with someone who does... 

New Poster

Can these be used outdoors in the elements or only outdoors if they are covered like my current Xfinity camera that has to be under the porch? 

New Poster

So you've put your out on the elements? And the seem to be doing fine? I'm thinking if we decided to get some more we'd have to build some sort of box to go over them. Was really hoping to get an interactive one that was made for outdoors. 

Silver Problem Solver

@mrsgriffith58 wrote:

So you've put your out on the elements? And the seem to be doing fine? I'm thinking if we decided to get some more we'd have to build some sort of box to go over them. Was really hoping to get an interactive one that was made for outdoors. 

One of my cameras is under the eave.  It rains a lot in Houston.  Spider webs are a nuisance.

New Poster

The problem with the xcam is you cant turn off the IR. If you need to place it in an area that is reflective all you get at night is white.

New Poster

Not true. Cameras do not detect motion by themselves. If you don’t have 24/7, then you can only take pics manually. There is no way to cancel 24/7 and create a rule to take a picture/video clip if the camera detects motion (because it doesn’t).