Community Forum

Cannot Pair with Xfinity Cameras

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Cannot Pair with Xfinity Cameras

I do NOT have a touch screen. My intent was to use the cameras through the xfinity home app. I have 2 XCAMs and 2 XW3 wireless adapters. My router / modem is a Cisco XB3. When I try to pair through the xfinity home app, I follow all of the instructions, but when trying to pair with the power adapter, it says "we're having trouble detecting your camera." It then has me try to add manually, but stops and says "your wireless gateway is not supported."

I have had numerous discussions with support where they have told me that everything should be compatible and working, and even swapped out my gateway this afternoon to no avail.

Should this setup work?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot Pair with Xfinity Cameras

In doing some research on my own I figured out that I need the touch screen to pair the XCAM with xfinity home. I am not sure why the 4 or 5 customer service reps I spoke with told me it was compatible and should work when it is not but hopefully this helps someone else.
Highlighted
New Poster

Mi cámara no sirbe
Highlighted
Official Employee

kmwade -

I'm sorry you had a hard time finding the right information.  Only our latest camera model, the xCam2, is designed to work with an Xfinity Wireless Gateway without a Touchscreen.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!