Community Forum

Cannot Pair iCamera 1000 to Xfinity Route XB6

New Poster

Cannot Pair iCamera 1000 to Xfinity Route XB6

Hello,

My Xfinity home Internet router was upgraded to model XB6. Xfinity moved my "home security" platform off of a netgear router and onto the XB6 router. All home security devices moved over fine except the iCamera 1000, cameras.  I purchased the Y dongle to pair the iCamera's to the XB6. The iCamera's will *not* pair to XB6. I have "factory reset" these iCamera's but I am unable to pair these camera's through the XB6 to the home console.

I am wondering if these older iCamera's are compatible with Xfinity's latest XB6 router?  Anyone have experience pairing iCamera's to an XB6 router?

Thank-you,

-Joecode.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Cannot Pair iCamera 1000 to Xfinity Route XB6

@Joecode wrote:

Hello,

My Xfinity home Internet router was upgraded to model XB6. Xfinity moved my "home security" platform off of a netgear router and onto the XB6 router. All home security devices moved over fine except the iCamera 1000, cameras.  I purchased the Y dongle to pair the iCamera's to the XB6. The iCamera's will *not* pair to XB6. I have "factory reset" these iCamera's but I am unable to pair these camera's through the XB6 to the home console.

I am wondering if these older iCamera's are compatible with Xfinity's latest XB6 router?  Anyone have experience pairing iCamera's to an XB6 router?

Thank-you,

-Joecode.

I have the XB6 and I have been able to connect several wifi devices using the XB6 SSID and password.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

The only thing I know about that camera is that the video quality is terrible at night and it’s not capable of video recording. I bought one cheap on EBay and resold it right away. It was lousy. 

Official Employee

@Joecode
Did you put the camera in the 2nd Ethernet port? And factory reset?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!