Community Forum

Cameras

New Poster

Cameras

I was told by your tech that came to my house to install my camera that they are not for outside use if you don’t have a cover over your front or back porch. I was told that the camera would not last in the rain or snow. Is this true? Because I had him put it in my house facing the window but at night I can’t see nothing.
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Cameras

Just like anything electronic, cameras aren’t waterproof when in direct contact with rain/snow. They are weather resistant just not waterproof. Unfortunately having them inside pointing outside you may end up with glare. It’s your house you can put them wherever they work best but understand the repercussions of putting them uncovered outside and the tech was correct
https://www.xfinity.com/learn/home-security/devices/cameras?pc=1

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Cameras

If you’re going to install it outside try to locate it under roof.  Before you permanently attach it, make sure it’s aimed at an angle downward so it doesn’t reflect off a ceiling or roof overhang. You might find a shield online to protect it from the elements. Unfortunately the X Camera power brick is large so it’s going to be hard to fit it inside a GFCI outlet case.  I know people who had several iCamera 2 outside under roof for years with no problem.