Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Camera not working

New Poster

Camera not working

I have tried three times to have Comcast come out and check my camera.  They keep telling me I have to be home so they can run diagnostics...I have gone through this more than once.  All I want is to have someone come out and fix the problem. Right now I can't see a thing on this camera that I am paying for 24 hour recording.  Perhaps, I should have the whole system taken out and go with someone else.  Frustration is not the word! 

The last time I called and asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told they would not be arriving for another hour.....What kind of mess is that?

Anway, still frustrated and will try one last time!  If the situation is not resolved, I will have the system replaced with another company that is more responsive! 

Valued Contributor

Re: Camera not working

I have had a couple cameras go out and contacted Comcast and they were very responsibe.  They will need to have someone home as they have to check the connection which is inside and they will also have to have access to the router, especially if they have to replace the camera.  There isn't much they can do from the outside.

Official Employee

Re: Camera not working

Hi hotflame1, 

Sorry for the experience you're having with your cameras. As mentioned by @spacecadet57, there isn't a lot of remote troubleshooting we can do to fix camera problems. I can look into a few things here on my end and have a tech scheduled to come out for you. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.