Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Camera Comm Failure

New Poster

Camera Comm Failure

Just got this installed 3 days ago and my camera is offline. I logged in and rebooted. That didn't help. I unplugged the power and plugged it back in, that also did not do anything. What now? 

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: Camera Comm Failure

Signal strength was not a problem. The camera's power adapter is plugged in about 10 feet from the modem. I was able to fix it. It took about an hour, but that's because I did all the wrong things at first. It should have taken only 5 minutes to fix. I'm going to skip all the steps I took that were wrong, and actually post what fix it at the end. 

Here's the fix: 

I went into the tablet looking keypad advanced setting / devices / and deleted the camera. Then went to the camera and pressed the reset button on the back for at least 5 seconds in order to reset it. After that I waited about 3 minutes for the camera to reset and become ready (which is when the blue light on the front of the camera started blinking indicating that it was ready to pair.

Next, I went back to the keypad and in the same screen I deleted the camera, I selected "add a camera" 
It found the camera right away and it set it up automatically. Then I was able to re-label the camera and save. 

But thanks for your reply. 

All Replies
Expert

There is a way to check signal strength.

It's in the touchpad's Advanced Settings.

New Poster

Signal strength was not a problem. The camera's power adapter is plugged in about 10 feet from the modem. I was able to fix it. It took about an hour, but that's because I did all the wrong things at first. It should have taken only 5 minutes to fix. I'm going to skip all the steps I took that were wrong, and actually post what fix it at the end. 

Here's the fix: 

I went into the tablet looking keypad advanced setting / devices / and deleted the camera. Then went to the camera and pressed the reset button on the back for at least 5 seconds in order to reset it. After that I waited about 3 minutes for the camera to reset and become ready (which is when the blue light on the front of the camera started blinking indicating that it was ready to pair.

Next, I went back to the keypad and in the same screen I deleted the camera, I selected "add a camera" 
It found the camera right away and it set it up automatically. Then I was able to re-label the camera and save. 

But thanks for your reply.