Community Forum

Any way to install window/door sensors yourself?

New Poster

Any way to install window/door sensors yourself?

I bought some window/door sensors to add to other parts of my house. Do I really need to have a tech come out to do a 10 minute install? Is Xfinity really that desperate for extra revenue? Already getting bad vibes about this home security system and now realizing you can't add your own devices is extremely annoying. If anyone has a way around this I would love to hear it. Last time I was supposed to have a tech come out they were a complete no show and "customer service" offered me $20 for my time which was actually pretty comical considering I missed 2 hours of work. So any way to avoid dealing with them again would be great. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Any way to install window/door sensors yourself?

@danielguiberson wrote:

I bought some window/door sensors to add to other parts of my house. Do I really need to have a tech come out to do a 10 minute install? Is Xfinity really that desperate for extra revenue? Already getting bad vibes about this home security system and now realizing you can't add your own devices is extremely annoying. If anyone has a way around this I would love to hear it. Last time I was supposed to have a tech come out they were a complete no show and "customer service" offered me $20 for my time which was actually pretty comical considering I missed 2 hours of work. So any way to avoid dealing with them again would be great. 

Try calling XHome Services 1-877-298-0874 and ask them if you can install it yourself.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Any way to install window/door sensors yourself?

Hi there, danielguiberson. Are you still experiencing the issue? Did you call that number? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!