Community Forum

Alarm triggered in the middle of the night? Faulty sensory message?

New Poster

Alarm triggered in the middle of the night? Faulty sensory message?

Our alarm went off in the middle of the night and said “alarm triggered by back door.” The alarm system was going off and disarmed within a minute. I got another message saying “alarm canceled. The central station was not notified.” Moments later, family members start calling me telling me the alarm company contacted them, and then the police arrive.

On the activity list for the alarm, it says “back slider tampered” right at the time of the alarm. So my questions are..

1. Was it likely the tampered sensor that triggered the alarm?
2. Why did I get notifications that no one was notified but that obviously is not what happened?
3. Has this happened to anyone else?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Alarm triggered in the middle of the night? Faulty sensory message?

@Hellotherehi wrote:
Our alarm went off in the middle of the night and said “alarm triggered by back door.” The alarm system was going off and disarmed within a minute. I got another message saying “alarm canceled. The central station was not notified.” Moments later, family members start calling me telling me the alarm company contacted them, and then the police arrive.

On the activity list for the alarm, it says “back slider tampered” right at the time of the alarm. So my questions are..

1. Was it likely the tampered sensor that triggered the alarm?
2. Why did I get notifications that no one was notified but that obviously is not what happened?
3. Has this happened to anyone else?

My GUESS is that there was an issue with the door sensor losing contact temporarily.

Try calling XHome Services 1-877-298-0874

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Alarm triggered in the middle of the night? Faulty sensory message?

Hi @Hellotherehi

Thank you for using the Xfinity Forums to make us aware of this. Sorry for the experience you've had. We'd like to investigate your concerns in order to isolate the cause. Please use the phone number provided by @RobertWy so we can start as soon as possible. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!