Community Forum

Adding Window / Door Sensors - Model Type - Installation Instruction

New Poster

Adding Window / Door Sensors - Model Type - Installation Instruction

It has become very clear that the window and door sensors for the Xfinity Home Security System are available commercially from other sources, and users are self installing the components.

Unless Xfinity is monitoring the Community Forum and deleting messages with very specific information, then can someone post the three (3) following items:

1. Current (2019) Xfinity Security System - Window/Door Sensor - Manufacturer Name and Model Number.
  2. Websites or retailer company names that sell the window/door sensor.
  3. Step-by-Step instructions for pairing the new window/door sensor with the existing security system.

[Side Note - I concur with many comments/statements from users. Why should someone pay $50 for a sensor that is commercially avaialble for $25-$35, and rely on Xfinity to install if it can be done by the homeowner.  Our technician installed every single window/door system in the wrong position / facing the wrong direction. We had to remove all and re-orient per manufacturer's recommendations.  Not hard, but annoying.  More annoying was the technician stated they were installed per manufacturer's recommendations.]

Looking forward to any responses to this post.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Adding Window / Door Sensors - Model Type - Installation Instruction

@Lancen3 wrote:

It has become very clear that the window and door sensors for the Xfinity Home Security System are available commercially from other sources, and users are self installing the components.

Unless Xfinity is monitoring the Community Forum and deleting messages with very specific information, then can someone post the three (3) following items:

1. Current (2019) Xfinity Security System - Window/Door Sensor - Manufacturer Name and Model Number.
  2. Websites or retailer company names that sell the window/door sensor.
  3. Step-by-Step instructions for pairing the new window/door sensor with the existing security system.

[Side Note - I concur with many comments/statements from users. Why should someone pay $50 for a sensor that is commercially avaialble for $25-$35, and rely on Xfinity to install if it can be done by the homeowner.  Our technician installed every single window/door system in the wrong position / facing the wrong direction. We had to remove all and re-orient per manufacturer's recommendations.  Not hard, but annoying.  More annoying was the technician stated they were installed per manufacturer's recommendations.]

Looking forward to any responses to this post.

I assume you saw this?

https://home.xfinity.com/

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/home-security/our-partners

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!