Community Forum
Xfinity globe

xfinity.com/equipmentupdate website NOT working

Highlighted
New Poster

xfinity.com/equipmentupdate website NOT working

Received a letter from xfinity stating,

"Update your modem for faster Internet.  It's on us."

When I called to get the replacement "on us" I was told it would cost $14.99 for a service fee.  On us costs $15?

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: xfinity.com/equipmentupdate website NOT working

Is that a shipping fee?

"Keepin' it clean since '09" --I am not a Comcast employee.
Admin1

Hi JimEeE -- I can help get a modem shipped out to you. I can do this without having any shipping cost. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I'll get an order placed for you with this information.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

New Poster

2 months later still not working       BOOOO

@ComcastZach wrote:

Hi JimEeE -- I can help get a modem shipped out to you. I can do this without having any shipping cost. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I'll get an order placed for you with this information.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

New Poster

I,m requesting my new modem replacing my old one TG862G on you which is supposed to be sent to me on xfinity per letter I received

Official Employee

Hello,

I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

New Poster

Is the letter I received legitiment.?  Is Xfinity really offering to replace my older modem with a newer update--expenses on Xfinity?  If so how do I proceed?

Admin1

donnaodean448 -- The letter you received is legitimate. You would have received it as your modem was identified as being End of Life. The letter will have instructions for contacting us to send you a new one. We can fulfill that here as well. Please send myself or Shane a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number and we'll get an order processed for you. 

Regular Visitor

When will the site be back up?And is it a service fee for this, letter did not state a fee, i even called and they said no fee.

Thank You

Admin1

wisdom1234 -- I am not showing any issues with the site. There would not be an associated fee to do this swap as we ship you a new one. 

New Poster

Re: xfinity.com/equipmentupdate charge for modem?

xfinity says "on us." When I called, I was told that, well, there IS a shipping charge ($15 or so), but when I challenged that, I was told that it could be waived. So be sure to ask--more than once if necessary. If they think you're going to say no and hang up, they will quickly make the shipping charge disappear.

Regular Visitor

How can i get my update
New Poster

please send me a new modem replace model # tg862g

New Poster

@donnaodean448 wrote:

Is the letter I received legitiment.?  Is Xfinity really offering to replace my older modem with a newer update--expenses on Xfinity?  If so how do I proceed?

New Poster

Hey Zach the update equipment site still seems to be down. I can't seem to be able to private message you either. Can you message me so I can file a task towards getting a new modem, thanks.