Community Forum

xFinity Store Employee Won't Provide Coaxial Cable For Longtime Subscriber

Highlighted
Contributor

xFinity Store Employee Won't Provide Coaxial Cable For Longtime Subscriber

I'm kind of flabbergasted at the moment. August, last year, my family moved to a new home in a better neighborhood and after multiple visits by Comcast to get serviced installed in our new home, we were up and running. Three cable boxes upstairs, the main floor, and one in the basement for my niece. Well, recently, my niece moved out so I needed to take that cable box and set it up in mny nephew's room upstairs.

Rather than have Comcast come out and set up a new cable line for my nephew's room, I decided to stop by an xFinity store. I thought it would be a simple matter to ask xFinity employees for a length of coaxial cable so I can set up the unused cable box in my nephew's room.

This is where everything goes south. The xFinity employee I run into tells me that they don't have a cable length for me. I know this is false because Comcast installers customize the length of the coaxial cables when they install the new cable lines in your home. I had once visited the main Comcast office where I live as well as the xFinity store in the past and was always able to get a replacement cable line.

The xFinity store employee wouldn't even offer any alternatives, such as two smaller lengths of cable or even go back into the store to ask someone else. Does Comcast not provide coaxial cable to subscribers who request it anymore?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: xFinity Store Employee Won't Provide Coaxial Cable For Longtime Subscriber

If it happens to be there Laying around, possibly, it comes in a self install kit with equipment. If they don’t have one to give you, they don’t have one to give you.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!