Community Forum

xFi pods stolen after UPS drop off

Frequent Visitor

xFi pods stolen after UPS drop off

Hey Guys,

On Monday I decided to give the new xFi pods a shot, so I ordered them online.  On Tuesday the 29th I received noticed that they had shipped them UPS Next Day air, so they would arrive on the 30th. I was pretty excited.  Wednesday rolls around and I get the notice that UPS dropped off my package around 3:10pm, so I leave work to go grab the box from my porch.  I get to work about 25mins later and nothing is there.  Turns out about 2mins after the UPS driver dropped off my pods a white car (I have cameras mounted in the front yard) pulls up a guy hops out walks up my yard grabs the package and gets back into the car and takes off.

So I've chatted with Comcast to let them know what happened, a ticket is opened up and I was told I'd get a call back.  I didn't hear from the yesterday so I jumped on chat again, ticket is still open I was told so they are still working on it.  Suggested I go into a store to show them the evidence as it might help, so I do that and they tell me that they pretty much couldn't do anything and I had to wait for the call back.  I've already let UPS know( day of incident) and I filed a police report.

Has anyone experienced this?  The pods show on my account as I own them, but they never made it into my hands.  Just wondering about billing and/or replacement pods.

Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: xFi pods stolen after UPS drop off

shaunm82, let's check out our next steps in replacing your xFi pods. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for help. Just click my name and then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much Ken. PM sent!
Official Employee

I completely understand I am working with another peer to see if you can just re-order them and have them sent to your work. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Shane! I do appreciate the effort you guys are putting into this!
Official Employee

Of course, and thank you again. I did verify that the pods are not on your account now as you see as well. You can re-order them of course, however, is there an option to send them to a different address when placing your order? 

Frequent Visitor

It doesn't look like it.  There is a message that states 'Your xFi pods can only be shipped to the service account for this address'  In the shipping address box.

Official Employee

Okay, we weren't sure if there was an option. Unfortunately, we cannot have them shipped to a different address. Other than taking a day off, do you have someone that can be there when they are delivered. Beleive me I know exactly the frustrations this causes, I've had multiple packages stolen from my porch. It's sad this has become a normal thing these days. 

Frequent Visitor

Yeah, its bleh.  But such is life now like you said.  UPS had a pretty dang close estimate of the time they delivered last time.  Estimate was 3:00pm, and they got there around 3:10pm.  So I'll just see about finishing off the day work wise from home.

Thanks again for all your help in this case, and be sure to give Ken my thanks as well.  You were both huge in helping to get this resolved.

Official Employee

Absolutely, and I will definitely let him know when he comes back. Thank you again, if you need any further help going forward please reach out to us, we are always here to assist.