Community Forum

would like to eliminate some TV channels to cut monthly costs.

New Poster

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: would like to eliminate some TV channels to cut monthly costs.

Keep in mind that you cannot simply eliminate specific channels - the only way you can reduce the number of channels is to switch to a lower tier. Unfortunately, you are not alone, and there is nothing new about this; I remember that, whenever I went to the local, Comcast office, it seemed like half the people in line where there to drop to a lower tier because it was getting too expensive...ten years ago.

"But why can't I just pay for the channels I watch?"
Because if everybody could do that, then pretty much every channel would have so many people drop it that, in order for that channel to make enough money to operate, it would have to raise its prices significantly - and when you add up all of the channels that you want, you probably won't save anything.

Remember that Comcast (and every other cable and satellite company) pays for every house that can receive a channel - not just for those that actually watch it. This is one of the reasons you have the occasional "this channel has been removed from Comcast because of a contract dispute"; either the channel wants more money per possible viewer, or it wants to be moved to a tier that has more viewers.

Official Employee

Re: would like to eliminate some TV channels to cut monthly costs.

Hello sjeffry. Thank you for posting on our Forum. As ThatDonGuy stated, we cannot remove/add specific channels from our packages. I can assist with reviewing the different package options with you. You might find a different package that better suits your needs. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!