Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

wiring problem somewhere????

Regular Visitor

wiring problem somewhere????

I have two condos in a 1970's era building at the NJ shore. One condo has wiring sufficient to receive the X1 variety of services, the other does not. On 4 separate occasions, Comcast technicians have come to this condo to install X1 services and could not because of an inadequate signal coming into the unit. They just shrug and walk away. Amazingly, I can't seem to find anyone at Comcast who can advise me on how to resolve this situation. My condo association knows of this problem but they seem to be as frustrated at dealing with Comcast as I am.

Expert

Re: wiring problem somewhere????

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.
Official Employee

dft603, thanks for posting. If the wiring in the condo needs to be updated and if it goes through drywall, it will need a wall fish. Our techs no longer provide wall fishing services. Did the last few techs let you know what needed to be replaced? You'll need an electrician to come out to remove/update wiring. 

KenF

Regular Visitor

No, none of the techs could tell us what needed to be replaced. We are on the 6th floor of a 1970's era building. I suspect that even if we replaced the wiring in our walls, we'd still be unable to get the service we want because of outdated lines within the building of 200 units. Since I don't live in the community year round, I have no idea whether the lines to the building have been updated. How might I find out?

Official Employee

dft603, is there like an access panel room that a tech could get access to? There would most likely be a central hub in the building for broadband services to tap into. We could try schedule a tech to take a look at that. Send me a private message so I can take a look at your account please. I just need your full name, address, and phone number. 

KenF