Community Forum

want to cancel tv keep internet and phone

Highlighted
New Poster

want to cancel tv keep internet and phone

impossible to cancel tv online it seems. the chat is a bot you can never get a real person. when you ask it to cancel it tells you to call 1-800-xfinity and say cancel services. well that isnt working you get some verifying your account then a canned message about reduced customer service and then on hold 'wait times one hour and 30 mins'... how am i going to get this done? there are no ways to cancel from my account page either that i have seen.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: want to cancel tv keep internet and phone

" cancel tv keep internet and phone' It's been quite some time since I disconnected my tv. If memory serves me I went to an Xfinity store, they issued me a control number which I was required to take to UPS with my tv converter box. It was shipped back to Xfinity free of charge. Of course, this was quite inconvenient.

<Edited>

That is all I can offer. Get in your car, run all over town with that bloody box and get the job done. It's a real pain in the tush <Edited>

You will be charged for tv even if said converter box is disconnected. Ship the thing out ASAP!  

Highlighted
New Poster

ahhhh that wont work, everything is shut down for virus. and i thought at&t was bad...

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

I’ve escalated it up to an official employee to help you out

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

@Jefftro
Not quite accurate
In response to COVID-19 travel and safety concerns, we’re making equipment returns even easier with free UPS home pick-up.

Beginning Tuesday, March 24, customers can schedule an at-home pickup by initiating the equipment return at the Digital Returns Center, printing the UPS return label, boxing up the equipment and then calling 1-800-PICK-UPS to schedule the pickup. Customers will need the
tracking number from the UPS return label to schedule the pickup. Link below:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/returning-your-equipment

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, vkgphil! Thanks for reaching out to us for help with your service plan. I see it has been some time since you created this thread and I apologize for the delayed response. Do you still need a hand adjusting your service plan? I'd love to help! Please feel free to send me a private message with your name and address so I can help.

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am in the same position, need to reduce my bill by dropping TV, but keeping internet and phone.  Can someone please contact me.  Thank you.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Done - managed to get through on the phone.