Community Forum

unlink and delete old acount

Highlighted
New Poster

unlink and delete old acount

we moved last year and instead of having the same account number, we got a new one so now we have 2 accounts linked (old address and new address) and since my cell is on old account it won't let me use for text notifications on new. i assume we need to delete/disable old but it won't let me? 

Official Employee

Re: unlink and delete old acount

Hi @BLCLOVESRMC,

Are you on the My Account website in the Users tab and where the phone number is on that user, clicking "delete"? Is there an error message being thrown up?

If you're still encountering errors, please Private Message me and we'll take a look.

@BLCLOVESRMC wrote:

we moved last year and instead of having the same account number, we got a new one so now we have 2 accounts linked (old address and new address) and since my cell is on old account it won't let me use for text notifications on new. i assume we need to delete/disable old but it won't let me? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!