Community Forum

underground install needed, can't get any updates or additional information

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

underground install needed, can't get any updates or additional information

We recently moved into a new construction home. We have had two techncians come out to do an install, both not realizing until they arrived that they weren't going to be able to actually set up our service because there is not yet a line running to our home (and also telling us that they were not able to install a temporary line either).  

Both service techs have told us they would put in a ticket to have a new line dug and installed and that it usually takes about 2 weeks, but we haven't heard any proactive information about what is happening since then, and when I call, I am told that the only note on my account is that there is something (a dig?) scheduled for April, but the phone rep is not able to tell me more than that.

I don't know where to go to get any other information, or to find out if this process can be expedited or any other status update.   2+ months is a long time to go without internet service! All help appreicated!

New Poster

Re: underground install needed, can't get any updates or additional information

We're having an identical issue - I can't say for sure what your area's requirements are, but for us we needed to wait for a city dig permit to be issued, the gas lines to come and be marked by the gas company (they have almost been washed away by rain, it was so long ago), and now we seem to be waiting for Comcast's digging contractors to set a date for work and perform something called "redesign". There are probably even more steps but that is all we have for now - no one will respond to calls and emails, and no one on the customer service line has any information on the situation "on the ground". We're about one month into waiting, I hope it goes faster for you! 

Official Employee

Re: underground install needed, can't get any updates or additional information

KHDeMonte and djwackfriz - 

Thank you for reaching out here on the forums. I'm sorry to hear about the about the long wait regarding serviceability, and I would love to have the opportunity to review this further with each of you. Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name. I can reach out to local construction to see what's needed to proceed. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!