Community Forum

unauthorized charges

New Poster

unauthorized charges

I have cancelled my account with Xfinity because we were in an area affected by Hurricane Micheal. We have since moved to Texas, I returned all equipment and we were issued a credit on my final bill. I am furious because they have charged me a bunch of erroneous fees and when I call in there's no information and the agents act like I'm lying. There are several charges on my bank statement that say the following 

Completed on: 12/20/2018 Description: <removed personal information>

These charges appear on various dates and times beginning on Oct 22. I am currently in San Antonio Texas. This is not a Comcast area there is no way I used any Comcast service or product. We have been charged over $300. The last agent I spoke to basically hung up on me and said to contact my bank and get the account number. I have already spoken to my bank and they only have access to the same information I see. 

Your agents are rude and not helpful in the least. They keep confirming what I already know. My account is cancelled because I cancelled it. There was no internet service in Panama City because the Hurricane knocked out all of the power & service lines. We did not have electricity or even running water. I want a refund of all the charges.

I am attaching photos of my transaction history in online banking to show the long list of unauthorized charges for services I am not using nor have I received! I am currently on hold with one of you agents. I have asked to speak with a manager and apparently no one is available. Its been more than 20 minutes. This is terrible customer service. I will never sign up for service with Xfinity or recommend them ever again.

11-19.PNG12-12.PNG12-20.PNG

New Poster

Re: unauthorized charges

Forgot to include my contact info Ivelisse [last name edited] [phone # edited]

Official Employee

Re: unauthorized charges

Hello, ivelissemt. I can look into this for you. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!