Community Forum

unable to get pedestal box

New Poster

unable to get pedestal box

I moved to a new home in November (2018), got Comcast/Xfinity transferred to new home. Since new construction the line was damaged and had to have the line reburied before I could get service. Someone else with Comcast was supposed to come back and put the pedestal box over the pipe sticking out of the ground. I am still waiting. I began calling over 3 months ago and nothing ever happens. When I call I am either told they don't know what happened, the ticket was closed (as if it was completed), or the order was put in wrong, etc. (you name it I have heard it). Spoke with supervisor Wed who assured me it would be done by Friday. Still nothing. Called back today and the customer rep today sounded as frustrated as I am. She said the shows the ticket was closed (as if completed). She says she will follow up to make sure it gets done within 48 - we'll see. At this point don't have much hope. Guess I will have to go to new media next. I have never been so frustrated with a company that I can recall. This is absolutely the worst case of customer service for something seemingly so simple.

New Poster

Re: unable to get pedestal box

So... also decided to tweet about the Comcast issue - in hopes someone was actually monitoring this issue and cared enough to finally resovled it. Only caused more frustration. They really don't care, that I have been calling for 3 months and have been waiting for this box since last November. I keep getting the same run around of we will put in a ticket (can take up to 14 days). I have heard this so many times and nothing ever happens. Then I hear in 48 hours we will take care of this because this is unacceptable... well again nothing ever happens. Comcast sent me a direct message via tweeter asking for my phone number - so I am thinking someone is actually going to call me and apologize and tell me this we be resolved tomorrow morning, but no. I then get another direct message stating they are sorry my box is broken and they have put in a ticket to fix it ... it will be done in 14 days. Of course I reply what - I NEVER HAD A BOX. Where did that come from. They don't care and they apparently don't listen. UGH!!

New Poster

Update - I called Comcast Corporate office today. They seem like they DO care. I got a call back from an executive in customer relations almost immediately after I hung up with corporate. I am hopeful this issue will be resolved soon. 

Official Employee

Hi there, Bchapman. 

I wanted to follow up with you. 

Was everything resolved? Thank you for posting to our forums and for being a valued Comcast customer! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!