Community Forum

thats it. im done. bye comcast.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

thats it. im done. bye comcast.

haven't had ANY service for almost 48 hours. i have tried calling 5 times today... twice i was stuck in an automated loop, and no matter how many times i said "agent" or hit zero, i couldn't get anyone. the 3rd time, i was hung up on. the last time i sat on hold for an hour. the last 2 they basically told me "sorry... thats the earliest we can get there" (which wont work, as ill be in memorial herman woodlands for 7-10 days for spinal surgery)

for a while, i thought things were getting better. you were our only option when we moved in here. the first couple of years were bad. constant issues with latency, packet loss, etc. then, it started getting better. i was even surprised when my bill went DOWN (now come to find out, you are saying i re-upped my contract, which i never did and never agreed to - ive had the same equipment here for over 5 years now) 

and to top it off... as i try to get someone on chat... i cant. "Phone Number is not a valid phone number" - THERE ARE NO FIELDS FOR A PHONE NUMBER!!!!!! ridiculous. back to the same old comcast (or maybe it never changed, and i just got lucky)

im done. this is it. you are no longer our only option, and even if i pay more... im leaving and finding something else. 

comcast.jpg
Frequent Visitor

Re: thats it. im done. bye comcast.

just to clarify - i have no tv, no internet, no home security (says cant find anything... cameras, lights, thermostats, etc)

what equipment do i need to bring into the store and return. just the tv boxes and security panel, correct?

Expert

Re: thats it. im done. bye comcast.

Drop off your equipment at any Comcast Service Center or XFINITY Store. Close your account and retain the receipt. Find a Comcast Service Center or XFINITY Store Location near you.

Or

Comcast has teamed up with The UPS Store locations across the country to accept Comcast equipment returns. Simply bring your equipment with you to any The UPS Store location, and an associate will pack and ship your equipment back to Comcast. Visit www.theupsstore.com to find The UPS Store locations near you. The UPS store will give you a receipt with a tracking number so that you can track the progress of your return on UPS.com. Please allow up to two weeks for the return to be processed on your account. Call Comcast 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278) or 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489) and close your account.

I'd double check on the Home Security though before you cancel if you are under a contract, the ETF can be pretty substantial. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.