Community Forum

terminating contract when moving

New Poster

terminating contract when moving

We are elderly and plan to move in with our daughter and her family who already have comcast. Can we terminate our contract without penalty?

Expert

Re: terminating contract when moving

@jeaniesean wrote:

We are elderly and plan to move in with our daughter and her family who already have comcast. Can we terminate our contract without penalty?

Unfortunately no.  If you're in a contract and you terminate your service, you will have to pay Early Termination Fees which are $10 for every month left on your contract.  If you have Home Security as well, there are different rates for termination.  This is spelled out in your contract.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, jeaniesean. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. What Again said it correct. If you would like me to look into the account and see what's left on the agreement I can certainly do that for you. Please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, jeaniesean. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.