Community Forum

terminacion de contrato

Highlighted
New Poster

terminacion de contrato

Dear Xfinity team, 
  I would like to understand why I cannot can el my account without penalties if you guys are the ones that do not service my area. I would love to keep xfinity and have it on my new house, but you all do not offer service to that area.   This isn?t something I can control, I moved and you do not offer services in the new address. Please cancel my account without charges. I hope that in the future when you do offer services that I can have the opportunity to have your internet service again.    Thank you and let me know where I can drop off the equipment. 
Highlighted
Expert

Re: terminacion de contrato

@mocando9 wrote:
Dear Xfinity team, 
  I would like to understand why I cannot can el my account without penalties if you guys are the ones that do not service my area. I would love to keep xfinity and have it on my new house, but you all do not offer service to that area.   This isn?t something I can control, I moved and you do not offer services in the new address. Please cancel my account without charges. I hope that in the future when you do offer services that I can have the opportunity to have your internet service again.    Thank you and let me know where I can drop off the equipment. 

You entered into a contract with Comcast/Xfinity and you are effectively the one breaking the contract by moving to an area Comcast doesn't service.  By territorial agreements Comcast cannot service every area in the country.  The early termination fees are valid.

Because many Comcast/Xfinity stores are closed right now you can take your equipment to a UPS store for return.  They will give you a receipt, which you should hold on to indefinitely.

Correct information on Early Termination Fees can be found here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!