Community Forum

temp on-ground cable needs to be buried from cable box to neighbors house

Highlighted
New Poster

temp on-ground cable needs to be buried from cable box to neighbors house

I got home today and found a orange cable on my back yard (coming from my cable box) to the walkway (on the side of the house) to my neighbors house. I do not know if the neighbors cable went dead, but I do know, this is a lawsuit waiting to happen, if I trip and fall.  I spoke to the call center(ophilippines of course) and got a ticket made, but all it is is sending out a field tech to look at the problem, i do not know if they really understand, but the tech they sent did not give notice to me or even  try to call me at work. My wife ws home, and she did talk to the tech while he was here, bt did not ask enough questions (who , when how why , and where) . It would be nice to see them fix the neighbors problemand dig in his yard. and the county ordinaces I checked states comcast must restore any digging to what my lawn and walkway looked like before they dig, if it comes to that.  I checked the depth too and wil talk to the tech when they come out, but I do not expect it to get done quickly. <Edited>

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: temp on-ground cable needs to be buried from cable box to neighbors house

Usually takes a couple of weeks. You'll know it's getting closer when you see utilities marked. Why would you expect a call if the tech already spoke with your wife? 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: temp on-ground cable needs to be buried from cable box to neighbors house

Hi, @rlloyd3030

I hope all is well. I just wanted to circle back to see if the techs have come out to have the drop buried yet? If not, can you please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can investigate? To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click "send a message." 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!