Community Forum

tech visit required later same day of tech visit ostensibly resolving ticket

New Poster

tech visit required later same day of tech visit ostensibly resolving ticket

IMG_1029.jpeg 

This Xfinity branded box has been attached just under my kitchen window since before I moved in along with a tag with my neighbor’s apartment number attached to the coax adapter that is inside it. Beginning March 16th, I have been attempting to set up service. It’s now nearly the 23rd day of daily attempts of calls to customer service, trips to the xfinity store, ticket numbers, work order numbers and any other number of abbreviations and internal jargon that is generally incomprehensible; a conservative estimate is I have expended 35 otherwise productive hours attempting to set up service. Today an expedited SRO visit took place at 1648 and there is now a splitter with two pieces of patch cable coming off of it; it appears to be properly grounded etc—why is it necessary to have a service tech come out to my house a week from now? I appreciate that the young lady over the phone just now saw a grayed out icon indicating a serviceability appointment was necessary but she said little more than some vague generalities about a plant and a hot tap. Why must someone come out here when someone was literally here five hours and ten minutes ago? My neighbor—with whom I share a common wall and wiring—has had, and still has, internet service.

IMG_1029.jpeg
Official Employee

Re: tech visit required later same day of tech visit ostensibly resolving ticket

Hi pm218, I am showing you spoke to an agent after this post, please let me know if you are still needing assistance.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!