Community Forum

switching from X1 to Flex

Highlighted
New Poster

switching from X1 to Flex

I attempted to change my service from X1 to Xfinity Flex this morning.  Talked to a very knowledgable representative and got my new Flex equipment ordered, to be delivered within 3 days.  I told the representative I did not want a lax in service for my X1 service until I received the new equipment and I was told that I would not until I activated the new equipment.  Great all set up.  I even increased my internet speed plan.  Lo and behold within the hour I get a call from home that we no longer have tv service.  In looking at my account online I see thait appears the new equipment has already been activated and my existing X1 box has been deactivated.  So I tried to get my original service returned to service and the new equipment deactivated and am having no success with this.  I am at a loss for what to do next.  Anyone else have an issue similar to this?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: switching from X1 to Flex

@reallypuzzled1 wrote:

I attempted to change my service from X1 to Xfinity Flex this morning.  Talked to a very knowledgable representative and got my new Flex equipment ordered, to be delivered within 3 days.  I told the representative I did not want a lax in service for my X1 service until I received the new equipment and I was told that I would not until I activated the new equipment.  Great all set up.  I even increased my internet speed plan.  Lo and behold within the hour I get a call from home that we no longer have tv service.  In looking at my account online I see thait appears the new equipment has already been activated and my existing X1 box has been deactivated.  So I tried to get my original service returned to service and the new equipment deactivated and am having no success with this.  I am at a loss for what to do next.  Anyone else have an issue similar to this?

you might try calling 800-Comcast and select billing and see if the agent has a way of fixing the issue temporarily. It may be that the two types of equipment can not be assigned to the same account at the same time (mutually exclusive).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Yep, i addressed that issue when I ordered the Flex equipment and was assured that my X! setup would not be impacted until i was setting up the Flex equipment.  But thanks for the reply.

@Rustyben wrote:

@reallypuzzled1 wrote:

you might try calling 800-Comcast and select billing and see if the agent has a way of fixing the issue temporarily. It may be that the two types of equipment can not be assigned to the same account at the same time (mutually exclusive).

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

@reallypuzzled1
It’s been escalated up to a colleague to see if the equipment can be reinstated for you. Look for a reply here

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @ReallyPuzzled, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm very sorry to hear about the troubles you have experienced after changing your services. I can definitely see how inconvenient and frustrating this would be. I would love to further look into this and see what I can do to get it corrected. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Lol, i had exactly the same experience. Their "assurances" on the phone cost nothing, they can say whatever they like and will never be responsible for it. 
if only there was a way to hold them accountable for whatever they have "assured would not ever happen".

Highlighted
New Poster

Hi....did you find a big difference in savings monthly by switching to flex?
im considering doing the same thing. 
thanks for your response

liz 

Highlighted
Expert

@Minehx3 wrote:

Hi....did you find a big difference in savings monthly by switching to flex?
im considering doing the same thing. 
thanks for your response

liz 

when you switch you no longer have x1 channel service. is that what you are asking? flex has no monthly charge.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.