Community Forum

subcontractors

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

subcontractors

Today, after repeated attempts to have a temporary line moved from across my lawn/driveway to my neighbors house, I was finally told someone would be out that day to fix it.  True to the reps words, I did have someone come out.  I was very surprised to see that at least one if  not both of the subs "helpers" were children.  This little boy was only perhaps 7 or 8.  The other helper was not so easily age identifiable.  I thought he might be 13 but my neighbor thought he might be older.  At any rate, since when does Comcast use child labor?  This child was handling the lines coming from the box as well as what was being buried.  I immediately called Comcast to alert them to this situation and requested that a supervisor be called to the site at once.  Alvin, the rep I spoke with, asked me to take photos (which I had already done) and then take them to a Comcast store to proceed with the "Ticket".  Considering that I rarely drive and have no access to a car, I was incensed that the onus for this was put on me.  I again pleaded with him to have a supervisor come out NOW since the work was being done and would soon be over.  I've never seen such a lack of response.  This wasn't "Take your child to work day" or a job children should be handling.    I have had no further contact with any from Comcast following up (go figure!).  Hope this reaches someones eyes and events like this are not repeated.