Community Forum

struggling with why I continue to pay exorbitant prices for tv that does not work consistantly

New Poster

struggling with why I continue to pay exorbitant prices for tv that does not work consistantly

have had hd service for upcoming to two years now. Have continued to pay the exorbitant prices without fail for that time. But in all this time, I have NEVER (NEVER!!) been able to complete a program in hd due to the pixelization of the picture eminating from comcast. I have visited the the service center no less than four times and received an alternate box each time. This has done nothing. Have phoned and chatted online more times than I can remember, while being sent another replacement box in the mail. This has done nothing. Have been 'promised' that a service provider would come to my home (and  that I would not need to be present) to 'look into the situation'. Never has the situation changed and NEVER have I been able to confirm that anyone has physically looked into my lack of reliable tv service. 

My question is: am I the only one that suffers with this issue, and in your opinion, have I been too passive in believing that comcast is in anyway concerned with my service satisfaction, or are they simply content with maintaining a business practice that disregards customer satifaction while always increasing their costs?

Expert

Re: struggling with why I continue to pay exorbitant prices for tv that does not work consistantly

@rschw216 wrote:

have had hd service for upcoming to two years now. Have continued to pay the exorbitant prices without fail for that time. But in all this time, I have NEVER (NEVER!!) been able to complete a program in hd due to the pixelization of the picture eminating from comcast. I have visited the the service center no less than four times and received an alternate box each time. This has done nothing. Have phoned and chatted online more times than I can remember, while being sent another replacement box in the mail. This has done nothing. Have been 'promised' that a service provider would come to my home (and  that I would not need to be present) to 'look into the situation'. Never has the situation changed and NEVER have I been able to confirm that anyone has physically looked into my lack of reliable tv service. 

My question is: am I the only one that suffers with this issue, and in your opinion, have I been too passive in believing that comcast is in anyway concerned with my service satisfaction, or are they simply content with maintaining a business practice that disregards customer satifaction while always increasing their costs?

you need to call 800-comcast and ask for an in-home service tech. what you describe sounds like high noise levels and/or low signal level. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: struggling with why I continue to pay exorbitant prices for tv that does not work consistantly

Thank You Rustyben for your reply. I had forgotton to include the two visits from comcast contractors after asking for a regular technician. Both times informed that signal strength was not at fault, and it was 'probably' the box itself. Initial installation resolves the issue, but it returns shortly thereafter. I  have had the same situation in the past with just basic or digital cable. The technician installed a new outside line which has served well, but is obviously worn out now. Forgive my 'rant'. It just becomes frustrating when consistantly not receiving assistance.

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Welcome to the Community, rschw216. Thanks for reaching out to us here for support. It's frustrating that you continue to experience service problems. Pixelation is a clear indication that there is a signal issue present. It's commonly caused by coax connections and splitters that have wiggled themselves loose, damaged line connection from an outside line, or can be a sign that an amplifier could be needed. These are the things that get evaluated by the technicians that come out to your premise for a service call. I'd like to review your account to check your appointment history to see how recently we've been out and what was found, etc. The technicians (whether they're contracted partners or not) have the ability to run the necessary diagnostics to narrow down the cause of the service problem. It may not always get done within one visit, but pixelation is something we should be able to get taken care of for you. I will help you along the way. For an appointment of this nature, we would need you to be home because we'll need access to both inside and outside of the home. Is the problem happening on live TV, in on demand, and is it occurring on all cable boxes that you have? A good start will be scheduling a technician, which I can do for you. I would then follow up with you afterward to discuss their findings and see how the service is performing. To start with that, please send me a private message with your name and we'll go from there.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, good morning rschw216. I never heard back from you on this and I will need to go ahead and complete this interaction. If you end up needing further support with it, please go forward with sending me that private message. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.