Community Forum

some of the features on one x1 cable box don't work

Contributor

some of the features on one x1 cable box don't work

Still haven't fixed my issues and don't understand the hold up. To quote someone from Comcast;

"I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation."
"We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation". Then why can't you just Answer Publicly "so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation"?
I have Switched the Cable Box OFF and back ON.................... No Changes.
I have Unplugged the Cable Box and Plugged it back IN.......... No Changes.
I have made sure the Cable Lines are Loose............................ No Changes.
I have made sure the Cable Lines are Tight.............................. No Changes.
I have made sure the Cable Lines are Finger Tight................... No Changes.
Did I miss any Hoops?
If your going to make me go through these Steps over and over, forget it. I'm not playing that game. Especially since you only have to send a Signal, Update, or whatever.
I don't need to Send you the Box Serial Number as you already have BOTH. Both Boxes get Updates all of the time. You'll have to come up with a better excuse. Not to mention, IF you wanted to Shut them off or turn them back on, you do it without asking for the aforementioned or sending someon out.

Valued Contributor

Re: some of the features on one x1 cable box don't work

Have you swapped the box out? They do have faulty equipment from time to time
Contributor

I would, but THEY haven't suggested it. They prefer to have someone go through the <Edited for violating forum guidelines> Steps over and over <Edited for violating forum guidelines> .

I only come back to this Site once a month. Care to guess why? No? I'll tell you. Sometimes it won't connect, or I have to sign in several times. That's just for going from one page to another ON THIS SITE. Last month, all I could do was PAY My Bill. NOTHING Else. Most times this site is the slowest to do anything, except making a PAYMENT. By the time I get to anything else, I'm way beyond miffed.

If they can Program, Update, Change Service Plans, Shut Cable Off, Turn it Back ON, <Edited for violating forum guidelines> . They CAN FIX the Issues.

Contributor

New wrinkel! Xfinity/Comcast decided to REMOVE the One Cable Box giving me trouble from "https://customer.xfinity.com/#/services/tv" My Services... "Devices" Page! I had to sign in twice more, but that's what I found!

<Edited for violating forum guidelines> 

I'm looking at the Cable Box Device info on my tv right now! It reads:

"Release Version

Release Time Stamp

XRE Protocal Version

Reciever

STB Timestamp

(weird symbol)M MAC

STB Version

Device ID 

Device Name

Enviroment"

<Edited for violating forum guidelines> to type in the rest of the info here, but I'll pass it on with my complaint and Screenshots!

Why am I paying for TWO Cable Boxes and only one is showing on my Account Page?

<Edited for violating forum guidelines>