Community Forum

senior discount

Regular Visitor

senior discount

I was told that comcast offers a discount on internet service for seniors. Is this true?

Expert

Re: senior discount

@jdm568 wrote:

I was told that comcast offers a discount on internet service for seniors. Is this true?

It depends if it is offered in your area or not.  Contact your local office.

There is also Internet Essentials for Seniors.  You may or may not be interested in this program.

Comcast offers a pilot program for Seniors in select markets.  To see if you're eligible and for more information, please check out this page.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I'll be 70 in a few months and have had comcast service for 40 years. So now I'll have to cancel my service for 90 days to qualify for the senior discount. I suppose that makes some weird sense in the comcast universe.Smiley Sad

New Poster

That's just plain crazy. A senior discout should be available to all low income Seniors. Without being a basic service.

Official Employee

Hi, jdm568 - I can check if we have any promotions that could lower your monthly rate. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!